The Hunger Games
It is always true that books with the awards on its bookcover are page-tuners."The Hunger Games" is no exception. Its book cover also has many award stickers on itself. Maybe The Hunger games is the best book you can pick from the series of the books.
I remember a phrase in the book,"winning means fame, losing means death." I believe that this is the most suitable sentence for the Hunger Games. In the land of U.S.A, it got devided into 13districts and one was defeated by rebelling. The government, the big brother, wanted the rebel not to happen again, so they have come up with a plan which was establishing the Hunger Game. Every year, a boy and a girl between 12 to 16 are chosen to join the game. All of them are put into a certain area to fight to death until one gets alive. Although the percents of winning is low,1/24, if you win the game, you will live with fame and wealth for rest of your life.
There are two juveniles from District 12: Katniss and Peeta who became quite well-known before the game. Though nobody expected them to be famous due to poorness, they get a lot of popularity because they have unique attitude unlike the other tributes. The Hunger Games firstly ended up with the two winners who are the tributes from District 12.
Then, how did they make it? They did it by LOVE and Rebel. However, there are two problem. Firstly, Peeta has loved her from the beginning of the game, and Katniss just pretended to love him to win the game. Therefore, Peeta and Katniss have to pretend to love each other even after the game because everyone in the country knows them. Secondly, when Katniss and Peeta were the only tributes alive, Katniss told Peeta to die together, so that they will stop them and make them the winners. Then the meaning of the game would be destroyed and there would be no point of doing the game, so the government was piped off by her. Katniss, therefore, should always be observed by the govenment and nobody knows what is going to happen to her.
I personally hates Katniss. The actions she did were all great such as rebelling against the government, treating the tributes as friends, being a tribute instead of her sister. However, I hate her action which was pretending to love someone. Because of this, Peeta should always pretend to like someone who is actually not in love with him. If Katniss should have been more thoughful of the future or has any possibility to solve it, they both did not have to suffer from the government.
On the other hand, I think Peeta is someone we have to feel pity on. Peeta had no reason to survive even though he was badly wounded or was almost dying. However, he was only thinking about one thing : Katniss. To protect Katniss, do a favor for Katniss, he did his best. But then, when the game ended and nothing left but the fact that Katniss was just pretending. If I were Peeta, I would freck out so much that I would try to kill her. That is why I believe he is pittiful.
Maybe I was focusing on LOVE too much in this book, but when you actually read a book, you can feel a variety of emotions and you will find out more fun parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment